I was recently “tagged” in a post by the lovely Mari Jade of all.things.lady. From what I understand, this is an opportunity for bloggers to write freely about whatever they wish. I have been thinking about this post for the last week and I keep coming back to the idea of attitude.
Attitude is everything.
As I have mentioned in other posts, I am on a self-proclaimed journey to frugality and part of that journey is improving my overall attitude or outlook on life. Every person has a different story, past, and experience. The way we choose to handle or react to the hand we are dealt makes all of the difference.
I have challenged myself and I challenge anyone reading this to focus on the positive and improve your attitude in general. Life is a great gift and there is so much to be grateful for. Think about all of the good things in your life and they will by far outweigh the bad. The key is finding the good in every situation and not dwelling on the negative. This takes a conscious effort, but it is possible.
How to Improve Your Attitude
- Count your blessings. Literally, list everything good in your life, you will be surprised at how wonderful your life is.
- Eat breakfast.
- Talk with others – in person, on the phone, or face time. We are social beings and you need social interactions.
- Listen more than you speak.
- Pause before you speak to others.
- Try to always assume positive intentions from others.
- Do not compete or compare yourself with others, only compete with yourself.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Get enough sleep.
- Spend time outside.
- Eat healthy.
- Prepare/cook your own meals.
- Yet, don’t restrict yourself – have that dessert.
- Focus on the moment.
- Laugh out loud.
- Let go of baggage and clutter – literally and physically.
- Take a bath.
- Unplug from technology.
- Read a book.
- Nurture friendships and relationships.
- Compliment others.
- Focus on what you can do and what you have accomplished.
I could go on and on. But my point is, life is what you make of it and it all goes back to your attitude.