Ingredients for Spicy Spaghetti with Ricotta
- 1 package of ground turkey
- 1/2 lb of italian sausage
- 2 red bell peppers chopped
- 2 cups of sliced mushrooms
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- as much garlic as you like
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- ricotta cheese
- red pepper flakes
- black pepper
1. Brown turkey and sausage in an electric skillet or in large saute pan on stove.
2. While meat is cooking, start chopping the vegetables.
How to Chop Onions
How to Remove Tomato Paste From a Can
Open can using a can opener.
4. Add all of the canned tomatoes to the meat and vegetables.
5. Add 1 tsp of basil, oregano, and black pepper. Add red pepper flakes – as much as you like.
I add a dollop of ricotta cheese to each individual serving. I usually make a green salad and have broccoli and/or garlic bread with this meal.
- Slow Cooker Sausage and Peppers Recipe (myfabulousfrugallife.com)