I wasn’t sure whether to call this recipe pot roast or stew, you be the judge. Either way, this slow cooker pot roast recipe is absolutely fabulous – easy, fast, frugal, and delicious!
- 1 chuck roast (beef) 2-4 lbs
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 6 large mushrooms sliced
- 2 or more cloves of garlic – my family likes a handful!
- 2 potatoes cubed
- 1 packet of pesto mix
- 2 tsp pepper or garlic pepper
- 1/2 c balsamic vinegar
- Chop and slice all of the vegetables. Add to slow cooker.
- Add garlic to slow cooker.
- Place chuck roast on top of vegetables in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle pesto seasoning and pepper over meat.
- Pour balsamic vinegar over meat.
- Place lid on slow cooker, set to low and cook for 6 hours or more.
- To serve, carefully remove roast with tongs and place on platter/dish.
- Scoop vegetables and broth into bowls, top with roast.
When I made this last week, my husband told me it is the best thing I make in the crock pot and that I could make it every week! One warning, the balsamic vinegar will make the meat extremely dark, don’t be alarmed – it isn’t burnt. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does. Give it a try, it will make your afternoon and evening so much easier knowing that dinner will be ready when you get home!