This could be my new favorite slow cooker meal. I made Chicken Primavera in the slow cooker today for the first time. I didn’t follow a recipe, I looked in my fridge and pantry and threw together what I had. Part of being frugal is being creative in the kitchen and making do with what you have. My husband and son are always my guinea pigs when I try new recipes and this was a hit with both of them.
Slow Cooker Chicken Primavera Recipe
Serves 4 adults
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 6 cloves of garlic (I like garlic!)
- 6 medium white mushrooms sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 package of italian dressing seasoning
- 1 box tri-color rotini or your favorite pasta
- garnish with parmesan cheese, fresh basil, red pepper flakes
- Place bell peppers, onion, garlic, and mushrooms in slow cooker.
- Empty the cans of diced tomatoes and tomato sauce into slow cooker.
- Place chicken breasts on top of vegetables and tomato sauce.
- Evenly sprinkle italian dressing seasoning over the chicken.
- Put lid on slow cooker and set to low, cook for 6-8 hours.
- Cook Pasta according to directions.
9. Serve in pasta bowl and garnish with parmesan cheese, fresh basil, and red pepper flakes.
Enjoy! I will definitely be making this fabulous and frugal slow cooker meal again. Check out my Pinterest board A working woman’s savior the slow cooker! for more slow cooker recipes.
- Slow Cooker Sausage and Peppers Recipe (myfabulousfrugallife.com)
- Slow Cooker Chile Colorado with Quinoa and Black Beans (myfabulousfrugallife.com)
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti Sauce (myrecipeshare.wordpress.com)