A gallery wall is a wonderful way to showcase a collection of framed artwork, photographs, and collections.
I recently created this gallery wall in my hallway. The unifying theme of this gallery wall is Chico. My husband and I met at Chico State and even got married in Chico. We will always have a special connection to Chico and this college themed gallery wall is the perfect way to feature our love story. I try to personalize my home as much as possible, I think it adds much more character to your home when you have sentimental artwork, photos, and collections. I have other gallery walls in my home and often need a little help figuring out the layout for my gallery walls. The best resource I have found is from SAS Interiors, click here to view their amazing gallery ideas and layouts and to subscribe to their blog.
How to Create a College Themed Gallery Wall
- Frame your diplomas
- Find pieces of artwork, photographs or prints that are meaningful to you and your spouse and is from your alma mater or where you met. My husband and I had our first date at “The Bear” Madison Bear Garden in Chico, CA and my mother-in-law found this great lithograph print and gave it to us as a housewarming gift.
- Incorporate photographs of the two of you from college.
- Graphic art or word art is a great way to express your personality or the theme of your gallery wall. I absolutely love this “Chico Where Our Story Begins” sign. One of my wonderful friends gave it to me for a birthday present last year. If you and your love met in Chico, you can purchase one of these made-to-order signs here from Made in Chico.
- When I had all of the pieces I wanted to use, I laid them out on the floor and figured out the best arrangement. I am very visual and need to see things! This also eliminates unnecessary nail holes in your walls.
- I used a trick I saw on Pinterest from Somewhat Simple to easily hang all of the pictures. Put toothpaste where you will want the nail to go. Then, press the picture to the wall where you want to hang it so that the toothpaste from the back of your frame sticks to the wall.
A home should be unique and showcase the people living there. A college themed gallery wall is a great way to display your college diploma. If your diploma is sitting in a drawer, frame it and showcase the most expensive piece of paper you own!
- INSPIRATION: Gallery walls (thecushioncorrespondent.wordpress.com)