I woke up this weekend and decided I was going to chalkboard paint my kitchen pantry door.
It was in desperate need of some TLC. I went to Lowe’s and purchased a can of chalkboard paint for $14 and was ready to try my hand at chalkboard paint!
As far as D.I.Y. projects go this was extremely easy and fast.
How to Chalkboard Paint Your Kitchen Pantry
1. I prepped the door by cleaning it with a TSP wash, to degrease the door of my toddler’s sticky fingerprints and grime.
2. I used 2 inch painter’s tape and taped the outer edges of the door to create a border or frame for my chalkboard.
3. I used a foam paint roller and angled paint brush to paint the door. After the first coat dried, I felt the coverage wasn’t even, so I painted a second coat.
4. A few hours later, I removed the tape and my new fabulous and frugal chalkboard door was ready for to do’s, groceries, messages, and pictures.
I am thinking of painting the 2 inch frame around the chalkboard . What do you think? How have you used chalkboard paint?
- Chalkboard Coaster Clipboards (momoftwosalums.wordpress.com)
- DIY: Chalkboard Platter (tangerinetote.com)